Saturday, October 13, 2012

Progress.

 


I've started keeping a log of my symptoms.... which I used to do, I should have been doing this whole time. Oops. But this time I have made a commitment to write down any symptoms I may (or may not have) everyday.

The week started off really good. I seemed to be leveling out with the Effexor, I was having very little pain, and my mood was fairly stable. In fact, On Monday when my husband came home from work he said, "you're so smiley!". And I felt smiley too.

By Tuesday I had quite a bit of pain in my feet and hands and low back. I slept horribly. Tossed and turned and got up about 62 time to pee. Wednesday I was irritable, probably from lack of sleep. But I didn't feel depressed. This was amazing, considering it was my birth control "off week", aka, my peak PMDD week. I had some pain, but not too bad, and a headache. Took some aspirin. Didn't do anything. On my way home from work (around 5pm) I started feeling nauseous. Like really, reeeeally  nauseous. I couldn't walk or think or move or anything. I went home and took a ginger root supplement (great for nausea, upset tummies, motion sickness, etc), which helped. My period started that evening. I went to bed, and was fine.

The next day my over all symptoms (as written in my log) were, "some pain, headache, mood ok". However, that night after work my headache turned into a migraine. A really bad one. Dizzy, throwing up. The works. It's was so bad, I thought I was gonna die. It's like clockwork, everytime I have my "off week" with my birth control, I get a mirgrane.

The next day I ended up having to go to Urgent Care. I just could kick the headache. It had been building for the past three days, and I knew from experience that it wasn't going anywhere. They gave me a shot in the butt (I forget the name of it. It's works. That's all I know.) for the migraine and a prescription for tension headaches. I went home, passed out, and slept till 6pm.

And that's where I am now. My mood isn't bad though. And that's amazing. I don't know if it's the Effexor, or the moon cycle, or what. But I'm ok with it. I'm little bit worried though... because it's been so long since I've been able to just be me and not worry about every little thing and get upset, and feel crazy and out of control. I'm afraid of getting my hopes up and then just getting let down next month by my PMDD. It has proven over and over to have a mind of it's own. And it has certainly shown me that it doesn't care about my feeling or my well being. Seriously, PMDD, you are a bad friend.

But I shall attempt to stay hopeful. It's October, my favorite time of year. I'm going out of town next week to visit my family, and take part in Halloween festivities. And LUCKY me, my trip just happened to fall on a good week.

So here's to ghosts, and pumpkins, and good not (and not to you wrecking it, PMDD).





No comments:

Post a Comment